Finance & Operations Coordinator
Location: Southwark, London
Full-time – Working hours 9.30 am, 5:30 pm (flexible WFH on request)
‘WE ARE WE WEAR’ Building confidence, one body at a time. Everyone deserves to feel confident in their lingerie and swimwear. That’s why We Are We Wear is dedicated to creating quality swimwear & intimates with everybody in mind.
With sizes ranging from XS to 3XL – and appropriate enhancements made to ensure comfort across the board – join us in saying goodbye to unrealistic beauty standards and hello to We Are We Wear.
We are currently representing a well-established and exciting business. The company needs a self-driven and ambitious person who has experience working in a fast-paced environment.
An ideal candidate would have around 3+ years of experience in Finance. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, and good problem-solving skills. Someone who is extremely organised & highly analytical to work under pressure & meet deadlines. Experience in the fashion and/or start-up space. Happy to get involved with Excel and Xero accounting when needed. An enthusiastic, “start-up” mentality is essential.
Manage and prepare annual plans, quarterly re-forecasts, quarterly cash-flows and budget plans
Updating the project budget, by collecting reports from the company s financial system and supporting the director in the review and analysis of data
- Coordinating financial sign-off and approval processes, including payments to suppliers and financial invoicing
- Updating the projects finance tools and documentation
- Working with the director to complete monthly financial reporting, including forecasting to both internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting field office financial management (review of funding requests from field offices, supporting field office spending reports)
- Update of Weekly Sales for the Wholesale channels
- Assisting with Accounts Receivable for Wholesale Customers, including sending customer statements and ensuring customer payment terms are adhered to.
- Collaborate with the director to ensure that the financial requirements are being met.
- Business Partner the Brand Directors and lead the budget and forecast process
- Balance sheet reconciliations such as accruals
- Dealing with financial queries from wholesale customers
- Work closely with the director to drive forward a cost management culture, placing emphasis on the validity of information shared & providing targeted performance reporting.
- Work closely with the director to ensure the management accounts are complete, and accurate and timetables are met. Produce monthly reconciliation of weekly costs to monthly management accounts and provide explanations/commentary for any differences
- Help to prepare monthly operations performance reports
- Monitor the purchase ordering process onsite ensuring POs are raised and approved correctly on a timely basis and suppliers are paid in accordance with terms
- Additional ad-hoc duties as requested.
Who are we looking for?
- At least 3 years in Financial & Operations Management
- Supply Chain experience is not essential but would benefit
- Strong and robust character, confident in challenging at all levels.
- advanced Excel skills and ideally experience with Xero Accounts package.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work under own initiative and collaborate across departments.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- “Solution driven” as opposed to “problem focusing”.
- Ability to adapt to new systems efficiently and understand the end-to-end process.