Buyers Admin Assistant
Full-time – Working hours 9.30am -5:30pm
‘WE ARE WE WEAR’ Building confidence, one body at a time. Everyone deserves to feel confident in their lingerie and swimwear. That’s why We Are We Wear is dedicated to creating quality swimwear & intimates with everybody in mind.
With sizes ranging from XS to 3XL – and appropriate enhancements made to ensure comfort across the board – join us in saying goodbye to unrealistic beauty standards and hello to We Are We Wear.
The job role of the Buyers Admin Assistant is a highly administrative role within the fashion buying team, providing essential support to their Assistant Buyer, Buyer and Senior Buyer.
The Buyers Admin Assistant's responsibility is to ensure the smooth running of the critical path through the whole fashion buying cycle. Whether the product is womenswear, menswear, swimwear or lingerie the job role remains the same.
The duties of the Buyers Admin Assistant include placing purchase orders, creating and maintaining the critical path, attending fit sessions, competitive shops and the maintenance of the sample library, racking up samples, creating fashion trend boards for buying meetings.
Ad hoc duties are also an essential daily part of the Buyers Admin Assistant job role as you are providing full administrative support to the team
- Order Raising
- Completing order attributes accurately
- Raising orders accurately and amending purchase orders
- Dealing with issues arising with orders both internally and externally
- Co-ordinating barcode process with suppliers
- Inputting orders onto the critical path
- Action any order amendments under the direction of your manager
- Support commitment through weekly team updates
- Issuing commitment enquiries to suppliers
- Managing critical path with suppliers & team
- Sample Management
- Processing samples received (fits, development, shoots/meetings)
- Labelling, logging, organising and filing samples including press and bought
- Collating and preparing meeting samples
- Maintaining range and samples
- Maintaining fit samples & fit log
- Driving the press sample process to ensure that the department offer is fully potentialise
- Product Awareness
- On-going familiarity of the competition’s product range
- Basic understanding of “Monthly Figure Pack”
- Reporting back on competitor finds
- Department Support
- Receiving and Sending post
- Proactively dealing with department queries both internally and externally
Who are we looking for ?
- Ability to work in a team, whilst demonstrating innovation and flexibility
- Ability to react to change
- Excellent communication skills both externally and at all levels internally, both written and verbal (good telephone manner)
- Understanding working for a smaller business requires a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure & priorities tasks
- Strong organisation & administration skills
- Enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges; and driven to continually improve
- Proficient in analysing numbers and providing accurate feedback
- Strong Excel skills are a must